Sunday, April 11, 2010

Drink it up....

Yesterday, my cage match was unexpected. Finding myself in a rather ornery mood, against what wanted to do, I went out to my son's baseball game. Just a short amount of time after leaving home, I found myself sitting in the sunshine, wanting to drink up all that was around me that is placed here for OUR enjoyment. The wind was blowing, the sun was shining, you could hear the parents cheering, and the boys on the team were laughing and joking as if to be one family. I thought how interesting that all these boys who come from different home lives, who with some of them , the only thing they share in common is a love for baseball, but yet they get it somehow. It is about making memories, progressing..getting better at something, and leaving an impression or mark when you are gone. Some of these boys will go on to do amazing things in the world's eyes but most of them will accomplish the AMAZING tasks and roles as friends, fathers, and husbands. These are all roles that I know I want for my own boys someday. Then, I started thinking how it is that these boys, seemingly unrelated to one another, know how to buoy their family, their baseball family, and we as a Heavenly Family, with an eternal perspective, cannot seem to accomplish this. We have been given the best example in our Heavenly Father who is proud of all our accomplishments, weeps when we weep, laughs when we laugh, and has experienced the ultimate pain of sacrificing a child. He gives us everything we need to make it back to Him and shows us how we can be Joyful along the journey home. All we need to do is DRINK IT UP!!! If we drink of these things so freely given to us, we will know how to and want to buoy each other and help each other along our path home.

No comments:

Post a Comment